Sunday, February 12, 2006

"As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:12

"Confession does for the soul what preparing does for the field. Before the farmer sows the seed he works the acreage, removing the rocks and pulling the stumps. He knows that seed grows better if the land is prepared. Confession is the act of inviting God to walk the acreage of our hearts. "There is a rock of greed over here Father, I can't budge it. And that tree of guilt near the fence? Its roots are long and deep. And may I show you some dry soil, too crusty for seed?" God's seed grows better if the soil of the heart is cleared.
And so the Father and the Son walk the field together; digging and pulling, preparing the heart for fruit. Confession invites the Father to work the soil of the soul." -In the Grip of Grace, by Max Lucado

Good stuff..yep, good stuff. It has been hard, at least for me to go through this process. There was/is a lot of junk that has needed to be cleared out of the way, stuff I didn't find necessary to separate myself from, an identity I didn't want to separate myself from. Yet I know it's true. How can he build me into the person he has created me to be if I am holding on to a bunch of stuff that does not glorify him? I am coming to understand and respect the need to rid this life of these things. I have also most recently been learning more on why there are some things I can't even be in the presence of if I can help it, things I must flee from. I don't know where my ancestry lies or what their lives have brought to mine, but I know what I am most drawn to, and it isn't the light and sunshine most would think of. I hated it when my mom would tell me I had to totally get rid of and avoid certain movies and music. I didn't like the idea that I couldn't control the affect, if any, it had on me and it seemed absurd that it would! It is scary to think of who I might have been if my parents hadn't adopted me and raised me as they did, most probably wouldn't even recognize me. I started this process a little over a year ago and it is pretty amazing to see where I've come. The ultimate importance is relationship with God. My mentor, however, has helped me to see there is still stuff that needs to be destroyed. The weird part has been trying to figure out who I am, now that everything I at least was initially drawn to has been pushed away. I suppose this is what I will come to see, as he builds me back up into the Rachel he created me to be. For now patience and trust...

1 Comments:

Blogger anniebuck2 said...

I saw your comment on Tim's site and thought I'd check out what you got so far. Just one question though. What do your posts say? They look like you wrote using web-dings or wing dings...or whatever that picture font is. Anyway it looks good so far!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home